Taxable benefit of $2,000 a month, 7 eligibility periods or 28 weeks total for:
* Workers who must stop working due to COVID-19 and do not have access to paid leave or other income support.
* Workers who are sick, quarantined, or taking care of someone who is sick with COVID-19.
* Working parents who must stay home without pay to care for children that are sick or need additional care because of school and daycare closures.
* Workers who still have their employment but are not being paid because there is currently not sufficient work and their employer has asked them not to come to work.
* Canadians whose Employment Insurance benefits end before October 3, 2020 and can't go back to work because of the COVID-19.
* Wage earners and self-employed individuals, including contract workers, who would not otherwise be eligible for Employment Insurance.
* People who earned less than $1,000 from employment or self-employment income during a 4-week eligibility period.
* Post-secondary students, and recent post-secondary and high school graduates who are unable to find work due to COVID-19 (CESB, $1,250 for each 4-week period).
wage earners, students, contract workers and self-employed individuals who would not otherwise be eligible for Employment Insurance (EI)
automated lines: 7 days, 6h00 to 3h00
online with CRA my account or by phone with an automated phone service (apply on Monday if you were born in January, February and March, Tuesday if you were born in April, May or June, Wednesday if you were born in July, August or September, Thursday if you were born in October, November or December, Friday, Saturday and Sunday for everybody)