Afghan women grouping seeking to empower socially isolated immigrant women.
* Adapted programs, self-development workshops and promotion of team-based projects.
* Courses: English and French, computer, yoga.
* Services for seniors.
* Catering service: Afghan food cooked by a senior women group.
* Accompaniment for new immigrants.
* Intergenerational skill exchange.
* Help for sick people who are in need of a translator in Dari, Pashtu and sometimes in Russian.
* Volunteer opportunities for McGill students in social education engagement to get credits.
* Social worker and social intervention service for newcomers.
* School supplies donations.
* Clothing donations.
Details on the service offer
Vaccination: They offer registration support and accompaniment to appointment clinics. Languages offered are Dari, Farsi, Russian, Urdu, Persian, Pashtu, Punjabi and Kurdish. Variable fees for registration support and accompaniment to vaccination clinics, interpretation service at $50 per hour for a minimum of 2 hours. They occasionally hold information sessions on vaccination. 06/30/2021 Covid-19: Open by appointment. Can be reached via email, social media and phone. 30/06/2021
people from different cultural communities, particularly Afghan women, seniors and their families
Monday to Friday 12h30 to 16h30
membership: $10 per year, interpretation: $50 per hour, minimum 2 hours must be booked
Dari, English, Farsi, French, Kurdish, Pashto, Persian, Punjabi, Russian, Urdu