* Day centre: free breakfast, lunch and dinner, hygiene products, clothing and showers, rest area including respite beds.
* Elspeth McConnell night shelter.
* Recreational and educational programs.
* Indigenous and non-Indigenous artisanal workshops.
* Services of a doctor, foot-care nurse, psychiatrist, psychologist, art therapist, massage therapist and yoga instructor.
* Financial administration program: budget management assistance, account payments, cheques management.
* Assistance program for Inuit women.
* Housing placement for women and children and assistance with home furniture.
* Legal clinic: information and assistance on family law, criminal law and tenant rights, provided by law students supervised by a law professor.
* On-site seasonal clothing recovery.
* Tax clinic.
Details on the service offer
Temporary reduction of services for 2 months, starting September 26th. Temporarily unavailable: meals, day beds and counsellors. Services offered: Monday to Friday 9h00 to 17h00, management of telephone calls, mail, reservation requests for emergency beds at the night shelter, winter clothing and hygiene products donations reception. At the door services: Tuesday and Thursday from 13h00 to 16h00, possible to pick up mail, medicine, access to emergency clothing, hygiene products or to referrals. 11/10/2023Please note that no services are currently offered on weekends, with the exception of night shelter. 04/08/2023
women experiencing homelessness or in difficulty, Inuit and Indigenous women
Monday to Sunday 8h30 to 21h30, breakfast: 8h30 to 10h30, lunch: 12h00 to 13h00, dinner: 18h00 to 20h00
in person or by phone, emergency shelter: registration by phone at ext. 221 or on site from 15h00, registrants must then arrive at the organization by 20h00, shuttle departure at 20h30
breakfast, lunch and dinner: 35 to 40 people at a time, respite beds: 10