community legal centre of montréal
Legal aid services lawyers who practice family law, criminal and penal law, youth protection law, immigration law, civil law, administrative law (social aid, SAAQ, CSST), child support, health rights, housing law, bankrupt and prison law.
* Representation by a lawyer before a court of first instance or a court of appeal, as plaintiff or defendant.
* Assistance from a lawyer in certain cases expressly provided in the Legal Aid Act.
* Legal consultation with a lawyer.
* Telephone consultation with a lawyer, available 24/7, for people who have been arrested or are being held in custody.
* Legal information regarding the rights and obligations of legal aid recipients.
* Some services may be rendered by a notary.
* Complaints reception.
Details on the service offer
person or non-profit organization residing in Quebec or forced to remain in Quebec, financially eligible, and with a legal need that is covered by the Law
person or non-profit organization residing in Québec or forced to remain in Québec, financially eligible, and with a legal need that is covered by the Law
8h30 to 12h00 and 13h00 to 16h30, telephone consultation service: 24 hours / 7 days
people may be eligible for free legal aid or contributory legal aid between $100 and $800, depending on their financial situation, see scale on website
Montréal Island, Laval