Limited and temporary coverage of health-care benefits.
* Basic coverage: in-patient and out-patient hospital services, prenatal and postnatal care, consultation with licensed health-care professionals and laboratory, diagnostic and ambulance services.
* Supplemental coverage: limited vision and urgent dental care, home care and long-term care, services from allied health-care practitioners and assistive devices, medical supplies and equipment.
* Prescription drug coverage.
* Coverage for the Immigration Medical Exam (IME).
* Those coverages may have maximum amount and are no longer valid once the person is eligible for provincial or territorial health-care.
* Eligibility application: www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5568-application-interim-federal-health-program-coverage.html
resettled refugees (government-assisted refugees, blended visa office-referred refugees, joint assistance sponsorship program refugees, certain refugees sponsored by organizations in cost-sharing arrangements, privately sponsored refugees), protected persons in Canada, refugee claimants (awaiting decision, rejected claimant, ineligible claimants who are eligible to apply for a pre-removal risk assessment or who received a positive pre-removal risk assessment), victims of human trafficking, detainees under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
fill out the application form online or by mail
eligibility application form, photocopy of immigration document (Refugee Protection Claimant Document, Interim Federal Health Certificate, Temporary Resident Permit, Confirmation of Permanent Residence, Single Journey Travel Document, Permanent Resident Card, etc.)