INFORMATION TEMPORAIRE : Covid-19: offer friendly support by phone through at distance twinning. Grocery store program to assist vulnerable people from the West Island: consult the website volunteerwica.com/en/grocery-stores, contact a participating grocery store to make an order and volunteers from WICA will be able to deliver it. Call to 514-694-5850 ext. 22. 09/07/2020
Recruitment, training and follow-up of volunteers to be partnered with vulnerable citizens.
* Role of the Sponsor: friendship, assistance in everyday problems, spokesperson, social, emotional and practical support.
* Community outreach work for vulnerable seniors.
* Special Projects: Youth Engagement, Rendez-vous Arts, Seniors Liaisons.
* Church Apartment Program (CAP): permanent community housing with daily support for adults living with long-term mental illness.
* Sunshine residence: short to medium term transition house for people living with mental health problems.
* Seniors' advocacy.
people with disabilities, seniors, people with mental health problems
Monday to Friday 9h00 to 16h30
Lachine, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, Pierrefonds-Roxboro, Beaconsfield, Baie-D'Urfé, Pointe-Claire, Dorval, Kirkland, L'île-Bizard-Sainte-Geneviève
apartment program for people with a mental illness: 42 beds, Sunshine residence: 7 rooms